MSSMBS 2008 International Workshop
"Molecular Simulation Studies in Material and Biological Sciences"
Overhead and Multi Media Projectors are available. A local PC, with Microsoft XP system, and with CD and USB memory stick inputs, is available for the Microsoft Powerpoint presentations. A personal portable PC can also be connected to the dataprojector.
The results of the MSSMBS'08 Workshop have been elucidated by:
- a weekly newspaper "DUBNA: Science, Collaboration, Progress"
- a city newspaper "The Peace Square"
- Dubna TV: Full Download (135MB), Compressed 1 (12mb), Compressed 2 (8mb)
The participants are encouraged to email us if they wish to have changes for their presentation.
Proceedings: newIt is planned to publish the Proceedings of the MSSMBS'08 by the Universities Press (I) Pvt. Ltd. Hyderabad, INDIA. The participants are encouraged to email us or to bring the contributed papers in the LaTeX-format and "eps" figures (of approximately up to 10-15 pages).
Deadline: 10 December 2008
Date and Place:September 10-12, 2008, Dubna, (Moscow Region, Russia)
Organizing committee:Kholmirzo Kholmurodov (chair),
Gennady Timoshenko, Mikhail Altaisky, Victor Krylov, Olga Mashkova, Valentina Novikova, Andrey Zorin, Guzel Aru
Organized by:Laboratory of Radiation Biology of Joint Institute for Nuclear Research
- Protein modelling
- Drug design
- Simulation of liquids
- Liquid crystals, polymer systems
- Simulation of radiation-induced damages and mutations
- Quantum biophysics, electronic structure of macromolecules
- Parallel computing for the chemical physics and biomolecular studies
The principal aims:To provide a platform for computer molecular simulation communities and scientists working in the material and biological areas to meet and share thoughts on latest trends. Main objective is to focus on the molecular dynamics simulations of the chemical physics and biophysical systems. Contributions are from the leading research groups of Japan and Russia. Broad discussion of the radiobiological experimental studies and achievements of the JINR basic facilities to be presented. Sightseeing of the major JINR experimental facilities and Dubna historical sites will be provided.
List of keynote speakers:
- Abdelouhab Kenoufi (LNEC, Lisbon, Portugal)
- Mitsuhiro Matsumoto (Kyoto University, Japan)
- Konstantin Shaitan (Moscow State University)
- Victor Lakhno (IMPB, Puschino, Russia)
- Kenji Yasuoka (Keio University, Japan)
- Tatyana Feldman (Biochemical Physics Institute RAS)
- Mikhail Avdeev (JINR, Frank Lab. Neutron Physics)
- Roman Efremov (Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry RAS)
- Alexander Nemukhin (Moscow State University)
- Aram Shahinyan (NAS, Armenia)
- Tetsu Narumi (Keio University, Japan)
- Yuichi Masubuchi (Kyoto University, Japan)
- Tetsuya Morishita (Res. Inst. Comp. Sci., AIST, Japan)
- Yoshinori Hirano (School of Medicine, Keio University, Japan)
Registration deadline:August 20, 2008
Registration fee:$200 (covers proceedings, local transportation, banquet). A discount for domestic participants to be available by e-mail request.
Accommodation:Dubna Hotel: Dubna Hotel (costs approximately $60 per night)
An important note: No accommodation support is available for this year meeting.
Joint Institute for Nuclear Research
Medical Center "Avicenna", Ltd.
RFBR (Russian Foundation for Basic Research)
NIIPA-Dubna (Applied Acoustics Research Institute)